Sunday 22 April 2007

A timing re-calibration and another flare bonanza

Following the discovery of time discrepancies having crept into my results, I have added a -0.35 second correction as of last evening's results. The results now come much more in-line again.

In order to test this I targeted a number of objects last night, including some Iridium passes. Apart from two Iridium flares, I managed to catch some flares of classifieds again.

Here is Keyhole USA 186 (05-042A) flaring to mag. 0 in the east at 20:21:25 UTC:

(click image to enlarge)


Philip Masding notified me ahead of a possible Lacrosse 4 (00-047A) flare at 21:46:15 UTC: I observed it flaring to mag. +0.5 at 21:46:17 UTC:

(click image to enlarge)


USA 129 (96-072A) flared to -1 at 20:34:30 UT in the sickle of Leo, alas inbetween two images, and in general was bright in the first half of its pass:

(click images to enlarge)




ISS made a nice pass close to Procyon in deep twilight. The wisps of cirrus still present at that time would rapidly dissolve:

(click image to enlarge)

No comments: